Sunday, May 16, 2010

In Theory

Ambition means very little without opportunity, but the reverse is true as well. I am dying for an adventure right now and I do not know how to sate that craving. And I don't know that I could man up to take the opportunity to pile some clothes into a bag and get in my car, 5$ in cash and a credit card and just go, trying to spend as little as possible, but seeing what I could find. I don't think I could allow myself to do it, because I'll be gone in the fall. Hopefully. If word comes that I'll still be in Monmouth in the fall, I'll do it. I'll just head west until I hit sunshine and a shore. I'll trust the world enough to leave comfort. In theory, I'll do it. I have very little holding me back except this screaming fear in my head that says...well, nothing specifically except "You can't" and I believe it more than I'd like.
I believe it a lot more than I'd like.

No comments: